How do you top off a trip to visit the world’s largest gnome in Ames, Iowa? By celebrating with lots of drinks…of course!
There are six long, grueling hours between Ames, Iowa and Chicago. Fortunately, there are plenty of places to stop along the way.
Without further ado, here’s a road map (in photos) of how you too can drink your way through Iowa. Don’t mind the monkeys and gnomes…they’re of legal age and they can probably handle their liquor better than you can.
1. Court Avenue Restaurant and Brewing Company, Des Moines, IA.
2. Exile Brewing Company, Des Moines, Iowa
3. John Ernest Vineyard and Winery, Tama, IA
4. Third Base Brewing Company, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5. Ackerman Winery, Amana Colonies, Iowa
6. Millstream Brewing Company, Amana Colonies, Iowa
7. Backpocket Brewing Company, Coralville, Iowa